Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rebuttal to Gavin's Rant, Part 2: Factual Overlook

IDTheftnotajoke

The following will make red annotations in Gavin’s script to correct pure lies.

The NCDC Trust has two sides and everyone should know about both. The NCDC shows themselves as a company who loves to help people and build public works, but they really just want money. And when I say "they," I really mean Antonio. We abolished the two sides system weeks before the rant was published, and the NCDC Trust WAS a non-profit organization before the split in the company ended. All public works had no system of revenue.

When we decided to make the fairgrounds for the NCDC expo, Antonio and I agreed that it would be a city building where the NCDC could rent it along with anyone else. At the end of the expo, Antonio told me he had no recollection of this agreement, and since 2/3 people building it were in the NCDC and I never wrote down that the fairgrounds were a state building, it should belong to NCDC. After some argument, we agreed upon this. Shortly after this agreement, Antonio informed me that he actually had remembered our earlier agreement and he just wanted the extra revenue from owning the fairgrounds instead of it being owned by the City. This is all correct, and as I’ve said, is a fair point, but with our lack of revenue, we need that money from the fairgrounds.

Because Jason is not an executive at NCDC, when he built the NCDC skyscraper, the most recognition he got was That's Cool, Thanks. This is just a lie. Gavin, you don’t work for our company. How would you know what happens? This building was so recognized, that I made the new payment policy, quadrupling the money he gets.

Antonio does not keep money separate between his companies. This includes NCDC, NCDC Trust, and previously I&B. He shared money between them. Tax money is only supposed to go to the NCDC Trust, but Antonio does not count how much tax money he receives, which means all companies he runs have access to all tax money. Not only is this untrue, but it is also overreacting. We have a system to keep all of our money consolidated in the NCDC, and also this tax money, which you suggest is a lot of money was 1.11 dollars. That’s it. That is the great scandal of taxes, not only a lie, but we’re talking about 1.11 dollars.

While some of my grievances may seem invalid, I definitely believe that this is valid. Antonio sees public works as NCDC buildings. He sees these as profit, not public works. According to Antonio, every public work the NCDC trust makes is completely owned by the NCDC, not by the community. For example, while the fairgrounds should be a cheap way to set up an event while raising some funds for the NCDC, Antonio has designed their pricing to make them as much money as possible. The pricing is exponential for each extra stall you use for your event. It is not feasible to make a big event at the fairgrounds unless you are a huge company with lots of money. Like I’ve explained, our public works have NO sources of revenue. Gavin says we make money from them, but doesn’t explain how. He doesn’t explain this, because we don’t make money from our public works. I explained the reason for the Fairgrounds Pricing above.

FootInMySalad

I've decided that I want to just answer these quickly.

Point 1. I had no idea you abolished the two sides system since you never told anyone. (Except possibly Jason)

Point 2. No comment

Point 3. I agree with you on this and would like to retract this statement.

Point 4. I'm not saying that you mixed money, I'm saying you just deposited all the money and you didn't have a system to keep money seperate.

Point 5. The fairgrounds is a public works isn't it? And I actually have a tip for you: no one will want to use the fairgrounds if they cost too much. I don't think anyone is willing to pay that much, so if no one rents the fairgrounds after a while, I suggest lowering prices. High prices mean high money, but they also mean low demand.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IDTheftnotajoke

I appreciate your response.

As per Point 4: It is incorrect that we did not have a system. The system was "don't do it". There was no other real way of preventing. Unlike real life, you can't have this kind of system in place. We did our best by separating the NCDC and NCDC Trust (taxes and no taxes). Once we abolished taxes, the separation was useless. Also, I will point out once again, this entire discussion on taxes is 1.11 dollars, which went into paying for the wrench, plain and simple. We are not dealing with widely distributed money. We collected taxes and used them 2 days later.

As per Point 5: A construction by the NCDC Trust doesn't make it a public work, it means it was paid for with taxes. The fairgrounds is a public place. Which means, when there is an event, anyone can attend for free. But to host an event, you have to pay for a certain space. Also, we are working on a new pricing policy. Most likely, it will be developed after our airport system. Remember, Raymond Park is for public consumption, but you have to pay to use the booths. Which means, either your point is that we only see the public works that generate money as money, and see all other public works as just, meh. Or, your point is that it is wrong to collect money from booths in Raymond Park and Grand Bazaar. If the latter is true, then you don't understand how Public Parks work in real life. If the former is true, then you don't understand our motives for building public works. As I said, I didn't have to build the public gardens by the Pirate Ship, but I chose to do so, in an attempt to make the village nicer and better for everyone. You seem to want to remember the public works from which we generate revenue, instead of all the public works, simply meant for public consumption. You also seem to forget our Omega Projects, like City Lighting, The Beach, and Creeper Holes Cleanup. All of these made the city look so much nicer, but you are calling us a bad company, nay, you are calling me a bad person for 1.11 dollars (of which I did nothing wrong), and for a couple public places (couple meaning 2, like, exactly 2) that can generate revenue (yet conveniently haven't yet).

IDTheftnotajoke

* By the way sidenote: As per Point 4: When you just said: "I'm not saying you mixed money". Your initial rant says otherwise: "Antonio does not keep money separate between his companies." Seriously, look up. You said that. So, are you accusing me of mixing or not? You can't have both. I didn't, but I want to know your accusation.

Attachments

Top Bottom